Offered Salary 3113
Career Level Staff
Experience 4 Years
A Waiter/Waitress, or Restaurant Server, is responsible for ensuring diners have a positive experience at food establishments by exhibiting excellent customer service. Their duties include greeting diners and taking their orders, communicating with members of the kitchen about orders, and carrying meals or beverages to the correct tables.
- Greeting guests and taking drink and food orders
- Staying attentive to the needs of guests in the dining area
- Delivering food from the kitchen to the guests
- Ensuring the food order is made correctly by kitchen staff and looks presentable for guests
- Following health code standards with regards to the handling of food
- Performing shift duties like delivering racks of cups to the service station, rolling silverware, pre-bussing tables, wiping tables and removing debris, and more
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g.Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent handwriting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Extremely high personal hygiene, hair, teeth, fingernails, etc, and attractively dressed or possibly in uniform.
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
Some servers may be in charge of assigning shift work for other servers and performing shift leader duties, taking ownership of the dining room and guests.