- Offered Salary 21000
- Career Level Senior Manager
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender N/A
- Industry Media $ Entertainment
- Qualifications Diploma
The International Publishing Manager will be based in our UAE office and will be responsible for overseeing all the publications of the firm and overseeing the company’s global operations and ensure that the publications conform with company policies and industrial standards. The specific duties will include supervising employees associated with publications; coordinating with international, regional and departmental managers and the outsourcing companies that we work with; assisting in arranging for training materials for the different departments; assisting the International Publishing Director with the business development tasks; taking care of human resources as and when required.
The International Publishing Manager will be directly reporting the International Publishing Director.
Management and Coordination
- Liaising with different departments and teams of the organization to ensure editors and production teams to ensure company targets are reached while maintaining quality.
- Managing and overseeing AMP’s participation in various events as per International Publishing Director’s approval.
- Oversee the progression and related operations of projects assigned by the International Publishing Director.
Administer the department budget as determined by senior management, obtain cost estimates and assist in planning publications.
Supervise improvements of all departments and processes and suggest changes to management accordingly.
- Ensuring employees and business practices conform to country, regional and international regulations.
Approve production schedules as introduced by the Production department and ensure it is being followed accordingly.
Monitor publications’ performances through the entire process of publication to ensure maximum author satisfaction.
- Managing, coordinating and overseeing daily operations and publishing business of all AMP offices and developing appropriate strategies to enhance growth in all departments.
- Coordinate and guide department managers with regards to management, mentoring and training of staff and developing training materials for them when needed.
- Monitoring and assisting in improving our client retention and improved their experience working with us.
- Conducting periodic meetings with department heads to track their progress and plan ways to improve it.
Reporting and Strategizing
Evaluate existing marketing campaigns, it’s implementation and determine ways to improve and ensure they are updated according to market trends.
Understand the company’s local territory needs, issues and opportunities and work in partnership with all teams, departments and the business development manager to ensure all agreed strategy is executed accordingly.
- Creating reports for International Publishing Director, often involving weekly and monthly assessments of KPIs across departments and offices.
- Suggest advertising and marketing plans and oversee implementation, after International Publishing Director’s approval, to achieve objectives.
Assisting the International Publishing Director with business development tasks and projects.
Travel domestically and/or internationally as required
Keep abreast of competitor activity to assist in gaining market-leading advantage
React quickly and effectively to unforeseen opportunities
- Minimum of ten years publishing experience at a senior level is desired
- Experience of working with key retailers and understanding of the retail dynamic related to publishing
- Understanding of content creation and requirements, and ability to steer key projects with licensors and production companies
- Ability to manage assets
- Ability to liaise with US & UK based contacts as well as ones in other areas in Gulf region, etc.
- Appreciation of territory specific publishing formats and asset requirements
- Creative approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” in order to deliver unique and creative opportunities
- Strong people management skills to work within a diverse and complex structure
- Proactive and self-motivated whilst also being an effective team player
- Highly organized and able to manage complex tasks independently to tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, articulate and personable with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Previous experience working in industries related to education, publishing, entertainment, children’s and lifestyle brands, etc.
- Second and/or third language preferred