Offered Salary 11907
Career Level Associates
Experience 7 Years
Industry Construction & Real Estate
To monitor the ongoing design activates especially shop drawing and detailing drawings as per requirements of consultant and client. Must be experienced in MEP design and detain drawings.
Responsibilities of MEP Draftsman
- Supervises the preparation of technical drawings based on rough sketches, specifications, and calculations from engineers, surveyors and architects, and MEP engineers.
- To critically review the relevant documents prior to the start of the project, i.e. Project Specification, BOQ’s, etc
- Checks and corrects work prepared by others in order to conform to standards, specifications, and design requirements
- Prepare finished drawings for construction work from sketches, specifications, and field notes
- Prepares MEP calculations for HVAC drawings, plumbing, piping, and small substation and electrical works. Design change requirements, including but not limited to piping, plumbing, firefighting design
- Identify any deviation in the design and provide justification for the deviation.
- Experience in MEP design detailing. Report to Operations Manager as well as MEP manager for smooth coordination for design work
Job Qualifications and Experience of MEP Draftsman
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering / Diploma in Design Engineering
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook, and Auto Cad is required.
- Knowledge of popular design software is desirable (Such as SAP)
- 6 years draughtsman as lead experience, design, and shop drawings experience. European or the Middle East experience is a plus.
- Required Languages: English
- Review MEP Shop Drawings – MEP projects Construction of Air Conditioning /Plumbing / Drainage / Electrical and Fire Fighting for Commercial, Residential & High-Rise Building & should be able to perform drawings independently.
- MEP experience in High rise Building, Industrial, Hotel, Commercial & Residential projects.
- Proficient in Auto Cad application, preferably Auto CAD MEP/Autodesk Building System and experience in preparation of schematics to shop drawings of MEP services
- Proven experience in coordinating with other engineering services as well as architectural and structural drawings.
- Experience in the multi-facets of MEP (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Drainage & Fire Protection) will be an added advantage.
Qualifications for the position include:
- EDUCATION: Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or CAD Design
- Minimum 5-7 years of MEP CAD-related works.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package
- Fluent English communication skills including, reading, writing, and specifications.