Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Others
Experience 8 Years +
Industry Construction & Real Estate
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc., and sign at the end of each day.
- Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work, to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s foreman in charge of the work daily to check on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the Materials Technician and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Survey Party Chief to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Resident Engineer.
- Report to the Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Process the joint measurement forms and maintain records of their status.
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as- built plans.
- Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor on a Day Works basis.
- Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
- Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
- Issue instructions to the Foreman in charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
- Notify the Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
- Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Resident Engineer immediately.
- Enforce performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved Safety Plan.
- Check detours and traffic control zones for proper placement of signs, barricades, and lights.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.