Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Senior Director
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Master’s Degree
The General Manager is responsible to manage property operations on a day-to-day basis of multiple properties to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
Coordinates direct and manages the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues.
- Responsible for preparing property budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation, and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan, and Capital Budget.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom-line profit.
- Monitor’s collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Takes part and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
- Works with all staff to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations, and compiling reports.
- Make sales calls as outlined by the Management Team.
- Identifies and seeks potential business in the local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase the hotel’s visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout the property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction aim to hourly associates.
- Ensures that all guest-related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Trains employees under company standards.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to the entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Adheres to federal, state, and local laws employment-related laws and regulations.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation.
- Ensures that employee-related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance
- Minimum 10 years hospitality management experience as a General Manager or a Hospitality Director.
- Bilingual (Arabic & English), French would be an added advantage
- Powerful Organization and Time Management Skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Masters in Business or Hotel or Hospitality Management.