Offered Salary 10353
Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Now hiring an Executive Chef in your area! With a custom, training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we’d love to have you on our team!
- The Executive Chef is able to perform and often performs the job assignments of the dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher (see related job descriptions) and, as such, is able to operate a variety of dining services equipment.
- The Executive Chef performs and leads small groups of subordinates in dining services activities on varying shifts as needed.
- In the absence of the Assistant Manager, The executive Chef assumes the responsibility of and manages and supervises the dining services staff at a single site according to policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Provides leadership, support, and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines, and customer service expectations are met.
- Assists in training, quality control, and in-servicing of staff.
- The Executive Chef must conduct themselves in a professional manner and insure their subordinates do the same.
- The Executive Chef consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Specialized training in dining services management and nutrition is desirable. Must successfully complete an approved sanitation and safety course.
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service (or equivalent experience) and one-year personnel supervision are desired.
- Demonstrated experience as a Chef with at least one year of supervisory/management experience required.
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager designation where required in accordance with CMS or must become certified within a maximum of 9 months from enrollment.
- Demonstrated ability to prove technical guidance in food preparation and service techniques.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and place into action basic food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be able to fully understand and complete all In-Services.
- Knowledge of Dining Services, foodservice program requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use all department equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required.
- Written and oral communication and teaching skills.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the foodservice program to clients and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, clients, and other personnel, and the public.