Offered Salary 7978
Career Level Middle Management
Experience 5 Years
Industry Construction & Real Estate
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Estimation engineers perform various functions which primarily involve providing detailed estimates for a project based on the construction drawings, specifications, and scope of work.
They are also responsible for the communication of bids and scope of work to PM, supervisors, and contractors/subcontractors in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the estimation engineer job description are listed below:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify updated requirements of labour, direct materials. Direct consumables and equipment based on specifications from drawings and look ahead plans.
- Compute costs by analyzing labour, material, and time requirements.
- Reporting to Project Manager for finalising tenders.
- To finalize safe work method and related documents.
- To ensure safe completion of site job in accordance with standards procedures and company policies resulting in a synergetic bond between client and contractors.
- To oversee projects, conduct reviews, and study the legalities of the contract between the client and engineer and makes sure that all terms of the contract are tendered fairly.
- Prepare comprehensive work packages for field execution staff
- Generate and complete 3 months and 4 weeks’ look ahead plans in consultation with Managing Directors and site supervisors.
- Assist management in preparing of material requirement plan.
- Monitor and analyse progress, efficiency, consumption of direct materials, direct consumables and equipment utilization.
- Monitor site progress by implementing sped up the use of engineering techniques for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain Cost performance index (CPI) and Schedule Performance Index (SPI)
- Prepare project summary report.
Skills and Experience
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years previous Planning and estimating experience and previous site-based experience.
- Advanced planning and reporting skills
- Extensive proficiency with MS Project/ Primavera P6 other software including Power projects preferable.
- Sound understanding of estimating fundamentals.
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities relating to planning and controls.
- Commercial understanding of contract and project cost control management in the Civil Engineering industry (e.g., understands productivity and measure, forecasting)
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe,
- Expertise in old to the Latest Versions of Auto Cads