Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Officer
Experience 6 Years
Industry Technology $ IT
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large major water transmission pipeline project.
The Electrical Inspector will report to the Electrical Engineer and Resident Engineer (M&E) in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project with respect to electrical works. He will be involved in monitoring, inspection, coordination, witnessing, documentation of all electrical works of the project to ensure that the project is constructed as per Contract requirements and specifications. He will insure quality of work in the finished project. Inspectors must be completely familiar with the plans, specifications and construction methods for the phases of the work to be inspected. For items that may have charged, Inspector shall seek clarification from the Electrical Engineer.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer in performing the contractual duties on site.
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
- Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advice on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the Materials Inspector and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed electrical work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Electrical Engineer / Resident Engineer as applicable.
- Report to the Electrical Engineer / Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and any poor workmanship.
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans.
- Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor for the items executed on a Day Works basis.
- Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
- Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
- Issue instructions to the Foreman in Charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
- Notify the Electrical Engineer or Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
- Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Safety Inspector / Electrical Engineer or Resident Engineer immediately.
- Enforce performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved Safety Plan.
- Attend to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of works and assess the safety at site including health and environmental issues, ensuring the same complies with contracts / QCS specifications, safety and health risk assessment and environmental mitigating measures respectively on a daily basis.
- Maintain records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
- Prepare Surveillance Report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site that are believed to have failed or if the contractor is not complying with verbal instructions and subsequently complete a Non-Conformance Report (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
- Provide technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline related issues on site that may arise.
- Ensure that all work will be inspected prior to being covered by succeeding work activities.
- Oversee and inspect all electrical & instrumentation work and ensure that installation activities comply with contractual obligations and quality control standards.
- Follow-up with the contractor and support in coordinating with the utility authority regarding connections whenever required.
- Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect electrical & instrumentation materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
- Prepare/complete the necessary documentation prior to inspection of the Works and process accordingly following completion of the inspection.
- Check plant, equipment and materials delivered are as approved and are properly stored.
- Inspect the installation works of all electrical & instrumentation items/systems as per approved shop drawings.
- Keep, monitor and follow up as necessary and maintain complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
- Ensure that safety critical aspects of the project are identified and actively addressed.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer in closing the punch points & handing over the plant.
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement.
- Inspect materials delivered and report on quantity and technical compliance.
- Ensure site progress information is communicated regularly.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested by team leadership
- Assist the Electrical Engineer with the review of the O&M manuals and As Built drawings.
- Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 7 years of electrical construction work experience related on major water transmission pipeline projects preferably in the Gulf region.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
- Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
- Should have experience working on ADDC projects in Abu Dhabi.