Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Manager
Experience 6 Years
Industry Supply Chain & Logistics
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Responsibility for providing guidance, coaching and management to the eCommerce
- Product Merchandising team, ensuring the development of necessary skills in a team based environment
- Responsible for delivering world-class product presentation and merchandising of products within their specified categories, including:
- Management and ongoing development of the customer facing product hierarchy.
- Management of product and bundle enrichment, both directly and in conjunction with the eCommerce Content team
- Deputies for the Trading Manager in his/her absence and make commercial decisions if the Trading Manager is unavailable.
- Assist with workflow management and prioritization of activities assisting when necessary
- Support the development and provision of KPI reporting
- Support with communication between eCommerce Product Merchandisers and all
- other internal stake holders
- Provide support, training and advice to eCommerce Product Merchandisers in day-to-day trading actions and wider review including sales and margin mix, promotional analysis, attach/conversion rates, product availability and range management.
Manage Business strategies and activities from development to implementation to achieve Business objectives:
- Accountable for driving the success of the online Category(s) through the effective merchandising and trading of products online for brands in the operating market(s).
- Accountable for Category(s) budgeted sales and margin, and execution of online strategies to deliver eCommerce KPIs.
- Support the development of the online budget and commercial plan formulation for the Category(s).
Maintain up-to-date Competitor and Global Business trends knowledge.
- Identify and maintain an agreed competitor set. Ensure that competitor set is reported against in any marketing intelligence activity.
- Escalation for significant and ongoing competitor pricing issues working with brand merchant teams to resolve.
- Accountable for the day-to-day Category management including reviewing price/market competitiveness, range and product life cycle management, promotional analysis and communication with the brand merchandising team(s).
Review Business critical information, make recommendations, communicate and facilitate solutions.
- Manage category(s) contribution to sales and margin targets against budget and short term forecasts.
- Manage the end-to-end process for defining, enriching and merchandising of all bundles for the online channel, ensuring bundles are promoted and priced in line with the category strategy and margin targets.
- Enrich and activate bundles including marketing text, presentation hierarchy and attachment to parent products.
Develop internal and external relationships and negotiate to achieve Business objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with key online and brand teams in order to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and profitability objectives.
- Work with brand merchant teams to ensure that range transitions are managed to ensure multi channel approach to new product/range launches in operating market(s)
- Work with brand merchandising teams to ensure price alignment through the Product
- Life Cycle and identify opportunities to leverage the online channel to exit markdown and terminal stock
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of key commercial systems
- 2-3 years in ecommerce product/category merchandising. Ideally in Retail sector PLC
- Retail experience
- Exposure to ecommerce at an operational level, including category and business planning through to implementation
- Organization, Prioritization, and Management skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to motivate and influence team and individuals
- Analytical/numerical/statistical skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal/networking skills
- Good understanding of competitive positioning, management of commercial processes, and maximization of business opportunities