About Mohsin Raza Sherazi
- Academic Level Master’s Degree
- Age 33 - 37 Years
- Salary 1850
- Gender Male
- Industry Finance
Highly motivated Senior Finance Professional, ACCA, with 15+ years of experience in oil & gas, manufacturing, consulting & audit. Specializes in Financial Reporting, Process Design, Implementation and Improvement. Excellent communication and organizational skills, with ability to effectively collaborate with non-finance functions to achieve coordinated and integrated solution for organization. Team player, with focus on collective delivery and learning as a team. Reviewed balance sheet of over 30 countries in 2 months, identified process improvements and exposures in line with Fresh Start Accounting, Chapter 11, US Bankruptcy. Designed and implemented several processes for enhancements in timing and quality of deliverable to management.
|· Financial Analysis||· IFRS||· Solution Oriented|
|· Internal Controls||· US GAAP||· Independent Worker|
|· AR/AP/Cash Flow Management||· Hyperion (HFM)||· Trainer|
|· Budgeting & Forecasting||· Oracle JD Edwards (ERP)||· Leadership|
|· Account Reconciliation||· MS Office (Esp. Excel)||· Critical thinking|
- 2017 - 2020 Weatherford
• Successfully cleansed UAE balance sheet, analyzed issues, identified control deviations, exposures and excess accruals and helped country in redesigning and implementing processes of custom duty and rental deposits, Prepayments, VAT, AR Netting etc. • Transitioned finance & reporting activities for around 40+ countries under Eastern Hemisphere (APAC, MENA, Europe, Africa, Russia), to shared service delivery centers located in Budapest-Hungary, Bangalore-India, Nagpur-India, Hangzhou-China & Manila-Philippines. Handled headcount reduction and cost savings in line with business case. • Reconciled & resolved differences between VAT returns & book values and cleared $400k. • Balance sheet exposures report, collecting data, analysis of potential exposures, working with countries to make necessary provisions, reporting to Corp. • Ensured implementation and adherence of company policies across Eastern Hemisphere countries, being part of Internal Control team. • Reviewed segregation of balances for Old & New Co, as per requirement of Fresh Start Accounting, adopted in line of Chapter 11, US Bankruptcy. • Managed all tasks associated with initiating, planning, scheduling, executing, controlling of transition of Finance for Eastern Hemisphere countries. • Acted as bridge between Countries and Service Centre team for necessary support required during transition and post go-live and effectively handled project communication to all stakeholders and ensured risks & impact are identified and addressed to respective authorities.
- 2016 - 2017 Weatherford
• Designed mechanism for capturing average monthly logistic cost of $2m for reflecting in correct country’s monthly P&L with accurate product line. • Slashed freight cost by 10% by negotiating pricing with vendors, while ensuring the continuation and enhancements of services. • Closed 2014, 2015 & 2016 External audits for Dubai branches of Swiss entities, by working in close collaboration with Swiss HQ, Swiss external auditors and local external auditors. • Tracked MPD project wise performance using a self-designed model for revenue & cost, comparison with budget, analysis and commentary for variances and worked with MPD project team for identification of areas for enhancing profits. • Oversaw year-end and month-end close process, budgeting & forecasting, country-wise & project-wise P&L reports including variance analysis. • Managed all accounting operations on a day to day basis including Customer Billing, Account Receivable, Accounts Payables, GL, Inventory and Fixed Asset and Revenue Recognition. • Built monthly financial book for BOD and Management to review financial reports. • Coordinated for necessary information to Sales & Tendering team requires for bidding the contracts.
- 2013 - 2016 Weatherford
• Worked with Global team for implementation of Intercompany margin elimination policy for Assets & Inventory for WFT Products GmbH, Dubai Br. required as per Transfer Pricing. • Facilitated Global teams in setting up accounting configuration in JD Edwards for legal entities setup in Dubai as branches with HQ in Switzerland and shared cost structure. • Travelled multiple locations for balance sheet cleanup projects, providing necessary trainings to country staff and transitioning of finance & accounting work to outsourcing locations like United States, United Kingdom, Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Gabon, Qatar etc. • Executed and supported multiple projects at different time’s e.g. Legal entity reduction, closure of non-profitable product lines, decentralization of work etc. • Developed Accounts Payable sub policy and process for good received not processed in system against invoice resulting in monetary benefit for product lines. • Handled Accounting & Reporting of 3 Dubai branch of Swiss entities and Inter Company Royalty billings. • Superintend Inter Company and Accounts Payable functions across Middle East & Africa Region.
- 2010 - 2013 Weatherford
• Decentralized Intercompany (related party) function across 9 different countries of Middle East and trained local country staff. • Led Hyperion implementation for Intercompany department and JD Edwards AP Module across MENA region. • Proactively participated in team along with treasury, tax & transfer pricing members for repatriation of funds from Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Sahara Africa through Intercompany balances having minimal tax and foreign exchange impact. • Supervised Inter Co function across MENA region for day to day activities, month-end and year-end close. • Created several prototypes in Showcase, HFM Smart View and other related software to extract information to ease processes and time banking.
- 2007 - 2010 Weatherford
- 2006 - 2007 Weatherford
- 2003 - 2006 SBITS, USA
- 2002 - 2003 Habib ADM Ltd.
- 2001 - 2002 Hussain Rahman CA Firm